Deliciously Simple Garlic and Rosemary Chicken
Succulent, juicy perfectly seasoned, garlic and rosemary tender, grilled chicken finished with a light, fresh squeeze of zesty lemon. A quick and easy, delicious, nutritious, seriously flavorsome way to spice up your lunch or dinner
- 250 gram 250 gram 250 gram Chicken Breast, I used 2 large chicken breasts
- 4 sprig 4 sprig 4 sprig fresh Rosemary, woody stems removed – leaves roughly chopped – you could sub 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary if you prefer.
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, more or less to taste. FYI -I used 3 largish cloves – I luuuurrrvvvveeee my garlic
- 0.25 whole 0.25 whole 0.25 whole Lemon
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Organic Coconut Oil, for cooking – could sub olive oil, Ghee or bacon or duck fat if you prefer
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place chicken onto a piece of parchment paper and give it a little pounding with a rolling pin (or implement of choice) to slightly tenderize, flatten out and ensure a thinner and more uniform thickness overall which will result in a quicker and more even cooking.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic over your tenderized chicken and give it a nice little massage to ensure your seasonings are thoroughly and evenly coating your chicken.
- Place a large skillet or fry pan over medium heat, add a your coconut (or olive oil/ bacon fat or ghee/cooking oil of choice) and cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked, squeeze over your lemon juice and turn once more to coat.
- Remove chicken from heat and set aside to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Serve alongside your fave veg or with a simple salad
- Enjoy xo
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week