Dark Chocolate Walnut Truffles
Subtly sweet, deliciously indulgent, seriously chocolatey, healthy, wholesome, dark chocolate walnut truffles. The perfect treat for any time of day.
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almonds, I use raw, unsalted
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cashews, raw
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Walnuts, Organic, I use raw, unsalted
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Hemp Hearts, + extra for coating - optional
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Dates (Medjool), pit removed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder, Raw, + extra for coating - optional
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Butter, Organic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Espresso Powder, Optional but recommended
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Maca Powder, raw, Optional
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Collagen, Optional
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Optional but highly (HIGHLY) recommended – Place your nuts on to a lined baking tray and roast at 175’C/350’F for 5-10 mins until lightly toasted, gloriously golden and deliciously fragrant.
- Once toasted, place your nuts into your food processor/blender and pulse until crumbly, you want there to still be a few bigger chunks to give the bites some nice texture.
- Add dates and process until the mixture starts to come together into a sticky, loose “dough”.
- Add vanilla, hemp seeds, salt, cacao, espresso, maca and collagen (if using) then process again until combined.
- Using your hands, roll approx 1 small Tablespoons worth of dough into bite size balls then set asideu2028 – FYI – I like to make my bites on the smaller side. You would probably need 3 of mine to make up one of those golf ball size bites you buy at cafe’s or in stores.
- If you are going to coat your bliss bites in cacao, coconut or extra hemp seeds simply place your cacao, coconut and/or hemp seeds into a small bowl or zip lock bag and gentle press/shake until nicely coated. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Enjoy xo
If you find your dates are a little dry you could try soaking them in some warm water for 10 mins before you begin, then drain and rinse and make as normal.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Shellfish Free Snacks
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.