Dark Chocolate Walnut Truffles
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almonds, I use raw, unsalted
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup raw Cashews
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Walnuts, I use raw, unsalted
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Hemp Hearts, + extra for coating - optional
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Dates (Medjool), pit removed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder, + extra for coating - optional
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Butter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Espresso Powder, Optional but recommended
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp raw Maca Powder, Optional
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Collagen, Optional
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
- Optional but highly (HIGHLY) recommended – Place your nuts on to a lined baking tray and roast at 175’C/350’F for 5-10 mins until lightly toasted, gloriously golden and deliciously fragrant.
- Once toasted, place your nuts into your food processor/blender and pulse until crumbly, you want there to still be a few bigger chunks to give the bites some nice texture.
- Add dates and process until the mixture starts to come together into a sticky, loose “dough”.
- Add vanilla, hemp seeds, salt, cacao, espresso, maca and collagen (if using) then process again until combined.
- Using your hands, roll approx 1 small Tablespoons worth of dough into bite size balls then set asideu2028 – FYI – I like to make my bites on the smaller side. You would probably need 3 of mine to make up one of those golf ball size bites you buy at cafe’s or in stores.
- If you are going to coat your bliss bites in cacao, coconut or extra hemp seeds simply place your cacao, coconut and/or hemp seeds into a small bowl or zip lock bag and gentle press/shake until nicely coated. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Enjoy xo
If you find your dates are a little dry you could try soaking them in some warm water for 10 mins before you begin, then drain and rinse and make as normal.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week