Dark Chocolate Strawberry-Vanilla Cashew Cream Cups
Decadent, rich dark chocolate cups stuffed with light and fluffy, creamy, dreamy, secretly healthy, strawberry-vanilla cashew cream
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup raw Cashews
- 1.625 cup 1.625 cup 1.625 cup Water, (1.5 cups for soaking your cashews, + 2 Tbsp for recipe)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Strawberry Extract, or strawberry essence
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- To make the cashew cream: Place cashews in a small bowl or jug and pour over your water then set aside to soak for 2-3 hours
- Once soaked drain and rinse your cashews then place into your food processor/blender
- Add the vanilla extract, strawberry essence along with your and salt flakes and process until smooth and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of your blender/food processor occasionally.
- Add a splash of water and blend/process until well combined. Continue to add water 1 teaspoon at a time to reach your preferred consistency. I used 3 Tablespoons of water and my cream was deliciously thick and creamy.
- Transfer your cashew cream to a small bowl then add your crumbled, freeze dried strawberries and stir to combine
- Melt chocolate using your preferred method (I like to do mine on a plate over a pot of gently simmering water)
- Use a small teaspoon to drizzle some melted chocolate into a chocolate mould (or can use mini paper or silicone cupcake/muffin cases if you prefer) and spread to coat evenly.
- Place in the freezer for 5 mins to set
- Spoon a little of your strawberry cashew cream into your chocolate cup and use the back of your spoon to press down and smooth off the top of your creamy filling. You could also sprinkle a few extra crumbles of your freeze dried strawberries over the top . . . you know, if you want 😉
- Spoon over a little more melted chocolate and gently spread to ensure all of the creamy dreamy, strawberry infused filling is covered then pop those bad boys back in the freezer for 5 mins to set.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container (if they even get that far?!) or in the freezer for up to 3 months (yeah good luck with that ;))
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week