Dark Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
- 0.625 cup 0.625 cup 0.625 cup Unsalted Butter, or coconut oil
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, divided
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg Whites
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- .75 cup .75 cup .75 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Organic Cocoa Powder
- 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp Granulated Stevia
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Salt, (omit if using salted butter)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Cream
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat an 8" square pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt the chocolate chips and butter/coconut oil together by microwaving on high for about 60 seconds until nearly melted, and stirring until completely smooth.
- Stir in one whole egg and the yolk, vanilla, and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (almond meal, cocoa powder, 3 Tablespoons of the sweetener, and salt) and then stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut cream and remaining whole egg until combined. Stir in the remaining 2 Tablespoons of the sweetener, and the peppermint extract.
- Pour the peppermint mixture over the chocolate (in the pan) and spread into an even layer.
- Garnish the peppermint layer with festive sprinkles, if desired
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Chill in the refrigerator (a very important, if slightly excruciating step!) before slicing and serving.
If you'd like, you can add a few drops of red food coloring or beet juice (a natural red dye) to the peppermint layer. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to three months. Yield: 9 large of 16 small brownies
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week