Dark Choc Espresso Ganache Tarts
Deliciously buttery, crisp and crunchy, vanilla spiked shortbread is stuffed with a decadent, rich, deliciously indulgent, silky smooth, espresso infused, lightly salted dark chocolate ganache!
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Butter, Salted, (or ghee) must be cold – very important! - For the base
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Meal/Flour, For the base
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Tapioca Starch, For the base
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, For the ganache filling
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, For the ganache filling
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Monk Fruit Sweetener (Norbu), (or 1/4 C coconut sugar) - For the base
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Cream, to get this I opened a can of coconut cream and let it sit, uncovered, in the fridge overnight then scooped the solid creamy portion from the top (use the liquid in smoothies or just drink it) - For the ganache filling
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dark Chocolate, For the ganache filling
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Espresso Powder, more or less to taste - For the ganache filling
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Step 1 – the night before – Open a can of coconut cream and let it sit, uncovered, in the fridge overnight this will allow the cream to separate from the water. When you’re ready to go scoop the solid creamy portion from the top (use the liquid in smoothies or just drink it or freeze into ice cubes for later use)
- For the base –
- 1 – Pre-heat oven to 175'C/350'F
- 2 – Line a muffin/cupcake tray with paper cases and set aside.
- 3 – Place all ingredients into a bowl a beat with an electric mixer (I used the paddle attachment on my stand mixer) until creamy and well combined.
- 3 – Spoon into your prepared muffin tray, use a small spoon, or your thumb, or a small shot glass/measuring cup to press a small indent into the centre.
- 4 – Bake for 6-8 mins until golden. Note they will crisp up as they cool.
- For the filling –
- 1 – Melt chocolate by your preferred method – I like to do mine on the stove, double broiler style but a microwave will work just fine too.
- 2 – Add espresso, vanilla, salt & stir to combine.
- 3 – Add the coconut cream to your espresso infused chocolate and stir until well combined.
- 4 – Spoon into your tart cases.
- To serve –
- 5 – Dust with cacao, drizzle with a little a extra coconut cream
- 6 – Devour!
Tarts can be kept at room temperature, the ganache will set quite firmly when stored in the fridge so you may want to bring them out / up to room temp before serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCookies Egg Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.