Dairy-free “Fettuccine” Alfredo with Shrimp
- 12 oz 12 oz 12 oz Cashews, raw, organic, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Water, filtered
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Shrimp, Raw, wild caught
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- 4 4 4 Zucchini, medium size, spiral sliced
- Fettuccine (Cappello's), (Pasta Alternative) Buy your pasta from our friends at Cappello's
- Pour the organic cashews into a glass bowl, cover with filtered water, then covering the bowl with plastic wrap or a towel, and soak overnight in the fridge.
- After the cashews have soaked overnight, drain the water from them. Place the soaked cashews in a high speed blender or food processor.
- Add 1/2 cup of filtered water to the cashews, and blend until smooth. You can add more water if your cashews aren't blending enough, but less water will result in a thicker sauce.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to the cashews, and blend again until smooth. At this point you can keep the seasoned cashew cream in the fridge until you are going to make the meal.
- Using a spiral slicer, slice your zucchini into noodles, and place in a steamer basket in a pot on the stove to steam.
- Heat the pot with the zucchini noodles over medium heat, and steam until they are slightly soft, about 10 minutes.
- If your shrimp is not peeled and deveined, be sure to do that before cooking the shrimp.
- Melt one tablespoon of ghee in a large pot over medium heat. Add the shrimp to the pot, along with the smashed garlic cloves, and saute until the shrimp is pink on either side.
- Add the parsley to the pot, and continue to saute.
- Once the shrimp is cooked through, turn the burner down to medium-low heat, and add the seasoned cashew cream to the pot, stirring to combine. Add the second tablespoon of ghee, and season with additional salt and black pepper if needed.
- Add the steamed zucchini noodles to the sauce pot, and stir to combine the noodles with the sauce mixture. This will allow the noodles to cook a bit more, as well as add more water to the sauce which is why it is best to keep the sauce on the thicker side.
- Turn the burner down to low heat, and simmer until serving.
- Serve, and garnish with additional fresh parsley if desired.
If you are allergic to shellfish, you can make this recipe by adding chicken to replace the shrimp. You can also use coconut oil to cook the shrimp (or chicken) if you prefer to not use ghee, but the ghee will add better flavor. If you do okay with grass-fed butter, you can use that to cook the shrimp as well.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week