Curry Fried Fish
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Swai fillet, any other white fish will do
- 4 4 4 Egg Yolk
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut, shredded
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Curry Powder, yellow
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Lemon zest
- Coconut Oil, Organic, for frying
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Dry fish with a towel.
- Pour (or spoon) coconut oil into deep fryer, heat to 350 degrees. Watch the fill line! We have a small version so it doesn’t take much – you can also strain and save your used oil in the freezer for next time. Alternatively, preheat 3/4″ of oil in a cast iron skillet to 350 degrees over high heat.
- Scramble egg yolks in a bowl.
- Whisk together the coconut and spices until well combined in a separate bowl.
- Coat both sides of filets with egg, then coat with the coconut mixture.
- Deep fry fish about five minutes until fully cooked and golden brown, transfer to towel or napkin lined plate; if pan frying, flip after 4 minutes and cook four minutes more.
- Serve with sauce of choice – a garlic aioli or tartar sauce with homemade mayo is recommended!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week