Curried Pumpkin and Apple with Raisins
I know, it's a little different, but fantastic with some curried chicken and good company!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, diced
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Sugar Pumpkin, (or regular pumpkin) (skinned and cut 1/2 inch cubes)
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Apple, Gala, skinned and cut into 1/2 inch tubes
- 0.5 - 1 whole 0.5 - 1 whole 0.5 - 1 whole Serrano, raw, depending on your heat preference - seeded if you're sensitive
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Raisins
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Garam Masala, (heaping Tbsp)
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Cumin Seed, Whole
- 1 - 1.5 cups 1 - 1.5 cups 1 - 1.5 cups Chicken Stock, free range, organic, (or Vegetable Stock)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almonds, sliced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, to taste
- 12 whole 12 whole 12 whole Curry Leaves, (optional) diced - if you have access to this
- 0.5 - 1 Tbsp 0.5 - 1 Tbsp 0.5 - 1 Tbsp Ancho Chilies, Dried, (optional)(crushed chilies)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large pot saute onions in ghee over medium heat with some salt, until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add garam masala, garlic, cumin seeds, crushed chilies, serrano pepper, pumpkin, and a cup of stock.
- Cook until pumpkin is soft (about 20 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add extra stock if needed.
- Add apples, curry leaves, raisins, and cilantro and cook for 5-10 minutes until apples are warm and softened.
- Top with almonds and garnish with cilantro.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week