Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut squash soup is such a versatile dish to really explore with different spices and flavors. Change things up with this velvety, curried version. This soup is even better the next day - if there's any left over!
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, 2 Tbsp for roasting squash, 2 tbsp for the soup
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Butternut Squash, 2-3 lbs
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 4 clove 4 clove 4 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Chicken Stock, free range, organic, or vegetable stock for a vegan option
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Curry Powder
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Peel & cube the squash. Coat with 2 Tablespoons of oil & season with salt. Place on a parchment covered baking sheet & roast for 45 minutes, turning the squash at least once during roasting, so they'll be well caramelized.
- Once finished, remove squash from the oven & set aside.
- In a cast iron pot, add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil & sauté the onions. Once they are soft, add in the garlic & sauté until fragrant.
- Add the roasted squash, coconut milk & stock. With an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Add in the curry powder, ginger, lime juice & season with salt to taste.
- Serve in bowls & top with lime zest, a drizzle of coconut milk & cilantro leaves.
Optional: Top with lime zest or cilantro
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Soups Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I really want to make this recipe, but
Some of the ingredients and quantities for this recipe are missing, it says ‘ Tbsp for roasting squash, 2 tbsp for the soup’. I’m guessing this is some kind of oil? And it says to add broth, but doesn’t say how much? Cab you please help me.
Thanks for letting me know there were formatting issues on this. Fixed! Sorry it took so long!