Crockpot Chicken Stock
Make the most of your roast chicken by transforming into the flavor powerhouse that is chicken stock! Make it in your slow cooker/crockpot.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Chicken, Whole, carcass only (meat removed from bone)
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Celery, 2 stalks, cut into 3-4 pieces
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Carrots, peeled and cut into 3-4 pieces
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Onion, (large), peeled and cut into 3-4 pieces
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Bay Leaf
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 8 cup 8 cup 8 cup Water, distilled
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a 4-quart Crockpot/slow cooker (such as this).
- Cook on low 4-6 hours until chicken carcass has broken down and falls apart when you pick it up.
- Strain, discarding solids and reserving broth.
- Taste broth and add additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Store broth in an airtight container for up to a week. Broth will keep in the same airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 months. Defrost before using.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.