Crockpot Chicken Stock
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Chicken, Whole, carcass only (meat removed from bone)
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Celery, 2 stalks, cut into 3-4 pieces
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Carrots, peeled and cut into 3-4 pieces
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Onion, (large), peeled and cut into 3-4 pieces
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Bay Leaf
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 8 cup 8 cup 8 cup Water, distilled
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a 4-quart Crockpot/slow cooker (such as this).
- Cook on low 4-6 hours until chicken carcass has broken down and falls apart when you pick it up.
- Strain, discarding solids and reserving broth.
- Taste broth and add additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Store broth in an airtight container for up to a week. Broth will keep in the same airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 months. Defrost before using.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week