Crock Pot Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Garlic
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sage, minced
- 1 1 1 Lemon
- 1 1 1 Chicken, Whole
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse chicken under cool water and pat dry.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, including the body cavity.
- Prick lemon with a fork all over.
- Place fist of garlic inside the body cavity followed by the lemon.
- Sprinkle chicken with fresh sage.
- Cook in a crock pot on low for 8 hours.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nightshade Free Nut Free Poultry Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
This was a very easy recipe. I would use a SMALL lemon though as all my grocery store had were ones larger than my fist and the lemon flavor was overwhelming. I would also advise putting the chicken in breast side down as the liquid that filled the slow cooker as it cooked only came up halfway the bird. The thighs were the most delicious part and were wonderfully juicy, I will make this recipe again with the previously mentioned modifications.
Very easy and very tender and delicious. I had no issues with a full size lemon, but I love lemon.