Creamy Tomato Soup
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Shallot, diced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic, pressed
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Carrots, chopped
- 4 lb 4 lb 4 lb Tomato, chopped
- 3 sprigs 3 sprigs 3 sprigs Thyme, fresh
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Bone Broth, Chicken
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, Organic, see notes for substitution suggestion
- Saute the shallot and garlic in the olive oil over medium-low heat, until fragrant.
- Add the chopped carrot, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, and allow to cook for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the thyme leaves, bay leaf, and bone broth to the pot, and stir to combine.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil over medium heat, and then turn down to low, cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the bay leaf from the soup, and add the cream.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Strain the soup through a fine mesh strainer, and then add the strained soup back into the pot, and warm until serving.
If you cannot tolerate dairy, substitute 1/2 cup of coconut cream plus 1 tsp of nutritional yeast for the heavy cream. Warm the cream and the nutritional yeast in a small sauce pan on the stove, and add to the recipe when the cream is called for.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week