Creamy Pumpkin Sage Soup
Pumpkin sage soup - this creamy soup is so simple to put together from pantry ingredients!
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Vidalia Onion, sliced
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Chicken Stock, free range, organic
- 6 cup 6 cup 6 cup Pumpkin Puree, (or other starchy squash)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Sage, measured tightly packed
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Salt, or to taste (omit if using stock with salt added)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chili Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Lemon Juice
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Granulated Garlic
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, preheat the olive oil, then add the onion and sautee until translucent.
- Add 2 cups chicken stock, pumpkin puree, sage, salt, pepper, chili powder, lemon juice, and garlic. Stir to combine, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the flavors combine and mellow a little bit.
- Carefully transfer the soup into a high speed blender and puree until completely smooth (make sure there are no pieces of sage leaf left!), adding an additional 1/2 - 1 cup stock as needed to keep the blender moving and thin the soup to your preference. Don't overload your blender; you may need to do this in a few batches.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference before serving.
Store leftovers, cooled completely, in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to three months.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Soups Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.