Creamy Crab Bisque
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Vidalia Onion, (1/2 onion), chopped
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 2.25 cups 2.25 cups 2.25 cups Bone Broth, Chicken
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Curry Powder
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Carrots, peeled and chopped (2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, Organic
- 12 oz 12 oz 12 oz Lump Crab Meat
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chives , fresh chopped, for garnish
- This recipe is from Make It Paleo 2
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic in the butter. When they begin to caramelize, add the stock, then whisk in the tomato paste.
- When the tomato paste is fully incorporated into the stock, add the curry powder, carrots, and cream. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring regularly, until the bisque has thickened, approximately 30 minutes.
- Add the crab meat and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for an additional 7–10 minutes to warm the crab meat and allow the crab flavor to permeate the bisque.
- Garnish with fresh chives and serve.
We use real grass-fed butter and cream for this recipe because they enhance the flavor of the bisque. If you cannot tolerate dairy, even grass-fed butter and cream, you can substitute ghee for the butter and coconut cream for the heavy cream. Just know that the coconut cream will change the taste slightly, adding a hint of coconut flavor to the soup.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week