Creamy Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Soup
A dairy-free and grain-free take on comforting chicken and rice soup. It's a healthy, delicious meal that'll warm you all the way through!
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Rosemary, fresh
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Thyme, fresh
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, peeled and diced
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Chicken Thigh, boneless skinless
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Chicken Broth (Organic, Free Range, Low Sodium)
- 13.5 fl oz 13.5 fl oz 13.5 fl oz Coconut Milk, (one can)
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Cauliflower, riced
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Cilantro, for topping
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. When it's hot, add the rosemary and thyme and sautee until fragrant.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms begin to soften and the garlic is turning slightly golden.
- Add the butternut squash, chicken, and broth to the dutch oven. Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through. When the chicken has cooked all the way through, remove it from the pot to a cutting board and cut the thighs into small cubes.
- Whisk the coconut milk and tapioca starch together in a small bowl well, until they are evenly combined.
- Add the tapioca starched milk, the chicken pieces, and the cauliflower rice to the pot and stir to evenly combine. Cook for 8-10 minutes more, until the cauliflower rice has cooked and the soup has thickened a bit.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Safe for the auto-immune protocol.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week