Cranberry Orange Shortbread Bars
Nothing says it's the holidays like the combination of cranberries and clementine oranges that flavors these shortbread bars!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Grain-Free Pie Crust (click for recipe), (do not prebake)
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Cranberries, fresh
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Water
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Honey, Raw
- 1.24 tsp 1.24 tsp 1.24 tsp Cinnamon, ground, divided
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Clementine, (or other small orange)
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Sugar
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8"x8" baking dish.
- Prepare the pie crust dough and press into the baking dish in a single layer. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is cooking, make the filling by cooking the cranberries, water, honey and cinnamon over medium heat until it starts to bubble. Add the juice of the clementine, then discard the remaining inner flesh. Thinly slice the peel and add it to the pot with the cranberries. Cook for 15 minutes until the mixture is thickened, stirring periodically to make sure nothing is sticking to the pot or burning.
- While the cranberries are cooking, make the streusel topping: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the raw or coconut sugar, cinnamon, almond flour and salt until evenly combined and no clumps remain. Use a pastry blender or a fork to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it is broken into small chunks (the size of gravel or baby peas).
- When the crust is done pre-baking, remove it from the oven (do not turn off the oven) and pour the cranberry orange mixture into the pan. Smooth into an even layer, and then sprinkle the streusel evenly over the cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the streusel begins to turn slightly golden and the crust layer is cooked through.
- Cool completely before slicing. For cleanest slices, chill in the fridge or freezer before cutting, use a very sharp knife, and wipe the blade between slices.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week