Yummy courgette rolls, filled with goodness!
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Zucchini
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion
- 250 gram 250 gram 250 gram White Mushrooms
- 250 gram 250 gram 250 gram Tomato Paste, passata
- 15 whole 15 whole 15 whole Yellow Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp fresh Savory, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp fresh Basil
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Slice the courgettes very thinly, put in a colander, add plenty of salt and leave to drain for about 30 mins.
- While they are draining, chop the onion and mushrooms in very small pieces, add them to a non-stick pan together with the oil and cook on medium heat until soft.
- Add to them the passata, tomatoes and herbs and continue cooking until it thickens.
- Wipe each courgette slice with kitchen paper, roll them and arrange them in a baking tray. Fill each roll with a bit of the sauce, spread the rest on top and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Chuck in the oven and grill until golden.
- Serve and impress with this simple but oh! so delicious meal. (Of course, if you are very carnivorous, add some bacon!)
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week