Coconut Rice and Pomegranate Porridge
Coconut Rice and Pomegranate Porridge! Healthy white carbs do exist! This gluten free and dairy free breakfast porridge makes for great performance fuel! A nourishing dish made with jasmine rice, coconut milk or cream, cinnamon, maple syrup, nuts, and cinnamon. The perfect combo of nutrient dense foods.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Rice, Jasmine, (equals about 3 cups cooked)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk, or cream
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure, or honey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground, to taste
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pomegranate, Seeds
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First rinse your rice. I usually let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to instructions. Adding in 1 tbsp coconut oil and dash of salt while it cooks.
- Once the rice is cooked, transfer to a bowl. Mix in half your pomegranate seeds, cinnamon, coconut cream, and maple syrup. You can either eat right away or let it cool in fridge.
- Once you are ready to eat, top with the other 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds and nuts. Add more coconut milk and cinnamon if you want a thinner porridge.
- Spoon into bowls when ready to eat.
- Feel free to add in more nuts too! Makes about 3 servings all around 3/4 cup. Or 2 large servings.
If you want to make this for a hot breakfast, simply heat the bowl or coconut milk before pouring onto hot rice.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBreakfast Dairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.