Coconut Butter Blondies
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, (for date mixture)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Walnuts, Organic, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Butter, Organic
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- 6 6 6 Dates (Medjool), (for date mixture)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, (for date mixture)
- 3 3 3 Eggs, Pastured
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Coconut Buttercream Frosting (click for recipe)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, blend eggs, vanilla extract, salt, and baking soda together with a hand mixer.
- Add in one cup coconut butter and mix batter with a spatula until creamy.
- Cut dates in half and remove the pit.
- Place in a microwave safe bowl, and add 3 tablespoons water.
- Microwave for 3o seconds and mash with a fork.
- Add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil, and continue to mash with a fork.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of water and microwave for another 30 seconds and stir.
- Add date mixture to batter.
- Add in three drops of liquid stevia (we prefer the whole foods brand).
- While stirring the batter, add in the chopped walnuts and continue to mix until evenly distributed.
- Lightly grease a 9x9 pyrex baking dish with coconut oil.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes, test center with a tooth pick.
- When cool, frost with coconut buttercream frosting.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCakes Dairy Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I don’t have a review, I have a question. I have artisana cocnut butter and it is hard when it is sitting in the cupboard. I am assuming that in order to use it in this recipe, I would have to warm up the jar in a water bath, or scoop some out of the jar and microwave it to get it soft?
Yes, thats correct! Either microwave it in short bursts, or heat it up with warm water.
Do you have the recipe for the Coconut Buttercream Frosting? I can’t locate it. Thanks!