Clean and Green Chicken Salad
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Sea Salt, divided
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Black Pepper, divided
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Avocado
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise, or use 2 Tbsp of my egg free Cilantro Avocado Mayo
- 1.25 lb 1.25 lb 1.25 lb boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Celery
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Vine-ripened Tomato, chopped
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Kalamata Olives
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Butter Lettuce, optional to make lettuce wraps
- FOR THE MARINADE
- Mix apple cider vinegar, olive oil, dried thyme, dried garlic, and 1 tsp each of the sea salt and pepper into a bowl. Add chicken.
- Let sit in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes, but it can marinade for up to 24 hours in a sealed container.
- FOR THE SALAD
- Mash diced avocado in a large bowl, and stir in mayo.
- After chicken breasts have been in the marinade for at least 15 minutes, grill or bake until fully cooked. Let cool and chop.
- Add chicken, celery, olives, herbs, tomato (option), salt and pepper to the avocado/mayo mixture. Stir to combine.
- Eat as a salad or wrapped in butter lettuce leaves as a wrap.
If you’re running low on time, swap out the marinated grilled chicken breast for canned chicken. If following AIP, omit black pepper and tomato, and swap mayo for the egg free Cilantro Avocado Mayo.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week