Primal recipe for a traditional chocolate brownie. Chewy on the outside and moist inside, perfect for satisfying the crave.
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Egg
- 250 gram 250 gram 250 gram Unsalted Butter, or coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Raw Honey, or maple syrup
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pecans, crushed pecans on walnuts
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Vanilla Bean Pod, vanilla from one vanilla pod
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 190C, 375F, gas mark 5.
- In a small pan melt the butter with the cocoa powder and vanilla. Add the honey and one it has melted, leave to cool.
- In a big bowl whip the eggs with a hand mixer till they become light, fluffy and light yellow.
- Add the coconut flour, nuts, salt and baking powder and fold gently.
- Add the cool cocoa mixture and mix till well combined.
- Either grease a silicon form (cake form, mini muffins form, etc) or cover a normal baking tray with baking paper.
- Pour the mixture in your chosen baking tray or form and bake for around 40 mins. If you are making it in a breat tin then it will take longer. Just do the cocktail stick check to be sure.
- Cool and serve with afternoon coffee. Yum!
- If you decide to make it in a bread tin, then it will turn out looking very much like bread. You can slice it and have it with bacon for breakfast. You can also crumble it up and add it to your yoghurt.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week