Cinnamon Pecan Shortbread
Cinnamon Pecan Shortbread - perfect with your tea or coffee!
- 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Stevia, Granulated
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Salt
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Egg Whites, (should be 1/4 cup)
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pecans, finely chopped, plus halves for garnish (optional)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or a nonstick pad and set aside.
- Melt butter in the microwave or on the stove top and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the egg whites, butter (which should be cool enough that you can hold your fingertip in it for 5-10 seconds without flinching) and vanilla, and stir until evenly combined. It sound be slightly sticky.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Gather the batter into a ball and turn it out onto a cutting board. Let it rest on the cutting board for 5 minutes, which will allow the coconut flour to absorb the moisture completely.
- Once the excess moisture has absorbed, roll the dough out into a disc approximately 1/2" thick. Use a biscuit cutter (or glass) to cut out circles of dough.
- Transfer the cookies to the prepared cookie sheet, spacing them about 1" apart.
- Gently press one pecan half into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges are golden, remove from the oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely and firm up before serving.
The butter is responsible for most of the flavor of the cookies themselves, so use the best quality you can find. If you can't tolerate dairy, omit the butter and substitute an equal amount of coconut oil. The cookies may need a minute or two less baking time, and will have a slightly coconutty flavor.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCookies FODMAP Free GAPS Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.