This chocolate cake is rich, decadent, and insanely delicious.
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Butter, Salted
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Dark Chocolate, unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Coconut Sugar
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt together butter and baking chocolate (I used a double broiler), once melted set aside and allow to cool for 15 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, and vanilla
- In a separate bowl shift together salt, baking powder, almond flour, and arrowroot powder
- Once the melted chocolate and butter have cooled, pour slowly into egg mixture (you want to make sure the chocolate has cooled, so it doesn't scramble the eggs when you pour it into the egg mixture) and mix well
- Add the dry ingredients to the combined chocolate mixture and mix well. If you use the chocolate chips stir them in.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
View frosting here: http://mypurplespoon.com/chocolate-cake-chocolate-frosting/
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week