Chinese Spiced Ribs
No rib recipe would be good enough for us if it weren't falling-off-the-bone delicious. This not your typical rib recipe though. A dry rub of exotic spices seasons the pork perfectly, while the sesame ginger glaze brings this dish to smoky, juicy perfection.
- Cut slabs of baby back ribs into 6 rib portions.
- Fill two large soup pots 2/3 of the way full of water, place ribs in water, and bring to a low boil. Cover and par boil the ribs for 30 minutes.
- Drain ribs and allow to cool on a baking sheet.
- Once cool, generously season with Chinese 5 Spice, curry powder, paprika, and ground coriander.
- Cover with foil and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Soak hickory chips in water for 1 hour.
- Place hickory chips in a smoker box, and place smoker box in grill (see your grill instructions for best placement).
- Heat grill to low heat.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Grill ribs for 20 minutes.
- Baste with glaze and continue to cook over low heat for an additional 15 minutes.
As an alternative take on this recipe, you could skip the spice rub and baste the ribs instead with barbecue sauce.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week