Chicken Waldorf Salad
This salad has a sweet and salty combination and is also packed with protein and vitamins. Best served shortly after being prepared.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless, Diced and sauteed
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Apple, Granny Smith, Diced and set aside
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Celery, Cleaned and diced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Walnuts, Organic, Chopped
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Mayonnaise (click for recipe)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Lime Juice, You can use fresh squeezed but i buy the pre-squeezed.
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Honey, Raw
- .16 tsp .16 tsp .16 tsp Black Pepper
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sea Salt
- 050 cup 050 cup 050 cup Dried Cranberries, Organic
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, apple, celery and walnuts. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice and honey and mix until well blended.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- Spoon dressing over chicken and toss to coat completely.
- If making salad ahead of time, keep chicken mixture and dressing separate until just before eating.
- Lastly top with dried cranberries. Enjoy!
I cheat sometimes and candy the walnuts with some cayenne pepper, Ghee and brown sugar. I don't mix this in with the dressing as it takes away the crunch so I top the salad with it along, with the cranberries. No matter how you make it, it really is a crowd pleaser.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Nightshade Free Salads Shellfish Free Specific Carbohydrate Diet
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.