Chicken Skillet with Bacon Brussels Sprouts
This recipe has tons of complimentary flavors. Garlic and rosemary are one of our favorite combos, and lemon is just a refreshing layer on top. You can’t beat this one pan chicken skillet with bacon and brussels sprouts for an easy weeknight meal you can throw in a cast iron skillet and have ready in about 45 minutes, most of which time you are simply letting it bake in the oven.
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Bacon, Diced
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- 14 whole 14 whole 14 whole Brussels Sprouts, With ends cut off and sliced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp fresh Rosemary, Chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, Cut into slices
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or other oven safe pan) over medium heat.
- Cook the diced bacon until it starts to brown and is just beginning to get crispy on the sides.
- While the bacon is cooking, chop your brussels sprouts into slices or thin rounds, slice your lemon into rounds. Chop up your garlic and rosemary also.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt & pepper on either side. When the bacon is ready, add your garlic and chicken to the skillet to brown. It should just take about 5 minutes each side, depending on how thick your chicken breasts are.
- Once the chicken is browned, add your brussels sprouts and rosemary into the skillet.
- Season the pan with salt and pepper to taste (if necessary).
- Layer your slices of lemon on top of each piece of chicken.
- Use an oven mit and move your cast iron skillet to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken breasts, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week