Chicken roast with fresh coconut
Indian Kerala style chicken roast with fresh coconut, curry leaves and spices. A simple and flavorful Paleo chicken appetizer.
- 300 gram 300 gram 300 gram Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ginger Root, paste or grated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic, paste or crushed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Coriander, ground
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 sprig 1 sprig 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cumin Seed, Whole
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut, grated
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Shallot, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Green Chilies, chopped
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Cilantro, to garnish
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a big bowl mix ginger garlic paste with coriander powder, salt, pinch turmeric powder, pepper powder and red chilli powder. Make a paste and add chicken. Mix everything together and let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a nonstick pan heat oil, then add cumin seeds. When they start to crackle, add chopped shallots, curry leaves and chopped green chilli. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes on medium flame, then add coconut grated and let it fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add marinated chicken, mix well and let it cook covered until the chicken is cooked. Stir from time to time. Cook until the chicken is getting crispy and light brown in color. Add garam masala, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week