Chicken Kofta Curry – Chicken meatballs in spicy tomato sauce
Except for vegetarians, who doesn’t like meatballs? Simple to make, different ways to play with ingredients as per taste, they are great quick snacks or appetizers and make excellent leftovers to turn into a curry or a meatball sandwich. In India and Middle East, a spiced meatball is called kofta. Koftas consist of balls made with minced ground meat (usually beef or lamb) mixed with spices. Here it is chicken kofta curry recipe - fried meatballs, cooked in a rich spiced tomato sauce. This is delicious, you must try it. Just look at the ingredients, all those amazing spices that give a divine favor to the meat.
- 450 gram 450 gram 450 gram Chicken Breast, minced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, paste
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic, paste
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin Seed, Whole
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coriander, ground
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Green Chilies, finely chopped
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped, to garnish
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, as per taste
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Cloves, Whole
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Cinnamon Stick, Whole , about 1 inch
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Cardamom Seed
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Tomato, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Water
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a big bowl mix chicken, onion paste, ginger and garlic paste, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 chopped green chilli, few cilantro leaves chopped, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Make small meatballs. Keep aside.
- Heat oil into a frying pan and add the meatballs. Fry until golden brown. Once done, remove them from oil and keep them aside on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Into a deep pan heat some oil. Add cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick, green and black cardamons. When cumin seeds start to sizzle add chopped onions and fry until onion starts to change color. Add ginger and garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, salt and all powdered spices. Cook until tomatoes are getting mushy and start to separate from oil.
- Add a cup of water and bring it to boil. Lower the flame and add the meatballs. Simmer for 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week