Chicken Kale and Butternut Soup
I really love the combination of kale and butternut so this soup was really the perfect comfort food for me as I fight off this cold I also really try and up my green intake when I start to feel sick. It seems to always help. This soup also tastes like an upgraded and healthier version of chicken noodle soup. You can always throw in more of your favorite fall/winter vegetables to add more variety and nutrients to the soup!
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Butternut Squash, peeled and cored
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Kale, chopped and ribs removed
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Thyme, fresh, chopped
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Basil, fresh, chopped
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Chicken Breast, Skinless, shredded
- 6 cup 6 cup 6 cup Bone Broth (click for recipe)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat a large soup pot over medium high heat and add the olive. Once hot add the butternut and bell pepper and sautu00e9 for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chopped kale, thyme and basil and thoroughly mix.
- Add the shredded chicken, broth, salt and pepper and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until butternut is softened.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This is a great recipe to use a rotisserie chicken in or any other shredded chicken you prefer.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week