Chicken Alfredo and Asparagus
A dairy free alfredo sauce, combined with chicken, zoodles, asparagus, and BACON!
- 12 oz 12 oz 12 oz Coconut Milk, Canned, Full Fat
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Cashews, raw
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Chicken Breast, Skinless, cubed
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper, save 1/2 tsp for asparagus
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Thyme, dried
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Basil, dried
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Zucchini
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 10 whole 10 whole 10 whole Asparagus
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Bacon
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Use a spiral slicer to make zucchinis into zoodles. Lay out zoodles on paper towels. Sprinkle with sea salt. Allow to sweat.
- In a food processor or high power blender combine coconut milk and cashews. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add 3 tbsp nutritional yeast and lemon juice. Blend.
- In a medium saucepan on low heat, pour the starter alfredo mixture. Allow to simmer.
- In a large saucepan, heat coconut oil on medium. Place cubed chicken into a bowl. Sprinkle half of the spices of one side of the chicken, toss, and add remaining spices.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook until done. About 8 minutes. Once cooked, set to the side in a clean bowl.
- Add the chopped asparagus to the skillet. Sprinkle with u00bd tsp black pepper. Allow to cook for about 5-7 minutes, depending on how tender you like your asparagus. Once cooked, add to the bowl with the chicken.
- Add bacon to skillet. Allow to cook until crisp.
- Add the 1/3 cup of water to the alfredo sauce. Add the remaining two tbsp of nutritional yeast. Stir.
- Rinse the zoodles and use paper towels to wring out the water.
- Place cooked bacon aside with other cooked ingredients. Add zoodles directly to the skillet and sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the alfredo sauce to the zoodles. Stir. Add more as you go until you have reached the desired amount of sauce.
- Add chicken and asparagus. Continue to stir.
- Crumble bacon pieces and add to the dish.
- Once everything is well combined, serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Poultry Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I was REALLY surprised at how tasty this was! I was honestly kind of put off at first at the thought of this faux-fredo made with cashews and coconut milk. I didn’t have nutritional yeast, so I substituted parmesan instead, the same amount, and it was very good. I did add some garlic salt to the sauce and it helped a little bit to make it taste like alfredo. I would definitely recommend this recipe!