Chia Berry Parfait
After making my Gluten Free Granola, I knew it would make a fantastic parfait, if I combined it with mixed berries and my Vanilla Chia Breakfast Pudding. So, I would like to introduce you to my amazing new breakfast - Chia Berry Parfait. This simple to make breakfast (or snack!) looks and tastes amazing, making it a great breakfast to serves to guests (or just for you!) It is also gluten free, dairy free and suitable for Vegan and Paleo eating plans.
- 0.125 cup 0.125 cup 0.125 cup Chia Seeds
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Milk, or Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Honey, Raw, or Organic Maple Syrup
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Grain-Free Granola (click for recipe), or check out my Granola recipe
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Strawberries
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Blueberries
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the chia seeds in a small bowl.
- Add the milk, sweetener and vanilla extract, stirring to combine.
- Place in the refrigerator and let it set overnight.
- The next morning, remove from the refrigerator and check that the chia seeds have gelled.
- To make the parfait, layer a glass or bowl firstly with half of the chia mixture, then half of the granola, then half of berries. Then repeat.
- Serve and enjoy.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
How much vanilla extract? That’s not listed in the ingredients… And is the sweetener actually the honey? I’m a little confused.
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract will be fine. I will get that added to the method as it should be there. Here is the original version – http://www.becomingness.com.au/blog/chia-berry-parfait
The sweetener is the raw honey or organic maple syrup