Chesapeake Bay Rockfish Stew
Chesapeake Bay Rockfish Stew. A zesty tomato stock is flavored with fresh herbs and garlic before adding local striped bass.
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, large, diced
- 3 clove 3 clove 3 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Wine, White
- 14 oz 14 oz 14 oz Diced Tomatoes, Crushed, with juices (canned)
- 14 oz 14 oz 14 oz Tomato, Plum, with juices (canned)
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Chicken Stock, free range, organic, Seafood stock all works nicely
- .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp Thyme, fresh
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Oregano, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Basil, fresh, chopped for salad
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Bay Leaf
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Salt and Pepper
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Lemon, juiced
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Striped Bass, (Rockfish) fillets
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Warm the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and cook until reduced by half. Add the crushed tomatoes, plum tomatoes, stock, oregano, basil, bay leaf, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 15 minutes, until favors are combined.
- Stir in the lemon juice. Add the rockfish fillets and simmer for additional 15 minutes, or until fish is cooked through - do not boil. Break up the fish with a spatula or fork.
- Serve the stew in shallow bowls garnished with fresh thyme and parsley.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nut Free Seafood Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.