Celery Root Puree
Celery root puree is a delicious side dish that you can add to your Holiday menu, or to your weeknight meals. We love this recipe along with a roast chicken and steamed green beans.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Celeriac (Celery Root), bulbs
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Carrots, large, white carrots
- 4 cups 4 cups 4 cups free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Water, filtered
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp dried Sage, rubbed sage
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse and peel the celery root and carrots.
- Chop them into large chunks and place them in a soup pot.
- Cover the vegetables with the stock and water.
- Turn on the heat to medium and cook the vegetables for about 30 minutes, until they are fork-tender.
- Drain the vegetables and place them in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Add the butter and puree until smooth.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and sage and puree again until the mixture is whipped and fluffy.
- To serve, plate the puree, drizzle with olive oil if desired, and season with cracked black pepper.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week