Cauliflower Hash Browns
If you thought you'd never have another hash brown with your healthy paleo lifestyle, think again! These hash browns are made with cauliflower and are so close to the texture and taste of potato hash browns you won't know the difference! They require very little ingredients and are low carb.
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Cauliflower, riced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Egg, small
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Flax Seed Meal
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Butter, Salted, grassfed, or ghee, for coo
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 220C
- Chop the cauliflower in small florets and process in a food processor or blender on high until it reaches a very fine
- Transfer cauliflower rice to a bowl and microwave for two minutes. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Lay out a clean kitchen towel on a surface or into a large salad bowl and transfer the cauliflower rice into the center of the towel. Squeeze out excess water from the cauliflower by twisting the kitchen towel into a tight knot and pressing out as much water as you can. Careful not to burn yourself.
- In a bowl, whisk two eggs. Combine them with the cauliflower and add the flaxseed meal and salt.
- Heat butter in a skillet on medium heat, and drop 1 tablespoon of cauliflower batter into the pan . Press down delicately with the back of the spoon to shape them into thin patties, taking precaution not to break them. Fry the hash browns for 2 minutes on each side, then remove from the skillet and place them on an absorbant paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Toast in the oven for 2-3 minutes on each side to make them extra crispy.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week