Carrot Cake Muffins
These paleo carrot cake muffins are so delicious. The texture is just right and the flavor is well balanced between the sweet and savory ingredients. The end result is a hearty muffin. You can see the texture and the dimension the carrots add.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Almond Butter
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Dates (Medjool), pitted (soak in warm water for 5 minutes, and then turn into a paste using a food processor)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Salted Butter, melted
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Banana, mashed
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Molasses
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, (omit if you used salted butter or salted almond butter)
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Carrots, grated (the old fashioned way or with a food processor for ease)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a muffin pan with parchment or silicone liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk one egg.
- Add the almond butter and stir the egg and almond butter together.
- Next add your date paste, mashed banana, melted butter, molasses and nutmeg, and stir the mixture again until everything is combined.
- Pour the almond flour in and stir everything together again.
- Add the baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Pour the apple cider vinegar on the baking soda so it gets fizzy.
- Stir everything together.
- Fold the grated carrot into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into your lined muffin pan so each muffin liner is about 2/3 full.
- 1Place your muffin pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 27 minutes, or until the edges start to brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven once done and let the muffins cool
- Eat up! These paleo carrot cake muffins are a hearty and soul-satisfying breakfast or snack.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week