These carrots are so easy to make, and have a sweet and salty thing going on with a touch of umami. You'll want to make these all the time!
- 6 6 6 Carrots, peeled
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Water
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the carrots into a large skillet.
- Cut the tablespoons of butter in half, and place three on top of the carrots, and three in the bottom of the skillet around the carrots.
- Pour coconut aminos and water over the carrots.
- Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Turn burner on to medium heat, and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the lid and spoon any remaining liquid over the carrots, as well as turn the carrots to coat in the sauce.
If there is a lot of liquid left after the carrots are tender, turn the heat up to high to reduce the liquid to a glaze, but there shouldn't be too much liquid left after the carrots cook.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeEgg Free FODMAP Free GAPS Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Side Dishes Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
This was my first time to cook with coconut aminos and it was wonderful! My kids even ate them!! Will be making again!
This recipe is not wanting to appear in myKitchen. I also didn’t see it under the any of the filters, just the all recipe search.
Great carrots! More like a dessert, and super simple!
These were easy and fabulous. My husband and kids devoured them.