“Canned” Butternut Squash Soup
What I love about this recipe is that you get a whole food, home-cooked meal just by opening a few canned ingredients. It's just as easy as opening up a can of pre-made butternut squash soup but so much healthier! Although not required, make this butternut squash soup in your Blendtec. Simply combine the ingredients and blend until heated for a simple meal!
- 425 gram 425 gram 425 gram Butternut Squash, pureed, or one can
- 7 oz 7 oz 7 oz Tomato, stewed, or 1/2 can
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Chicken Stock, free range, organic
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes, squash, and spices in that order to the Blendtec and secure lid.
- Run soup cycle twice or until soup is throughly heated and steam rises from the top of the Blendtec.
- Serve. Wasn't that easy?
You don’t actually need a Blendtec for this recipe but that’s how I prefer to make it. I’m not sure how well this soup would work in other blenders as they may not be designed to handle hot liquids or may not have a vent in the lid to let heat escape. In this case, it’s easy to just blend all the ingredients then add to a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until flavors are well combined.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.