Crispy, sweet, cinnamon-y candied walnuts, without the sugar!
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.375 cup 0.375 cup 0.375 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Walnuts, Organic, roughly chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Melt butter in the bottom of a heavy-bottomed pan over medium high heat.
- Stir in vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and salt until sweetener is melted.
- Remove pan from the heat and add the walnut pieces. Use a spatula to gently toss the walnuts until they are fully coated with the syrup. At first, not much syrup will adhere to the nuts, but keep working. The syrup thickens and adheres as it cools.
- Cool nuts completely before serving.
You can try to sub coconut oil for the butter, but I haven't tried it so I'm not sure how it will turn out. Store fully cooled nuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeEgg Free FODMAP Free Nightshade Free Other Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
These are delicious! I accidentally doubled the vanilla, which worked out well! I used walnuts and pumpkin seeds. I think you could use any type of nut but ones with ridges, like walnuts and pecans would likely work best. So good, definitely making again and will give as gifts!