Cabernet Beef Stew
How to greet winter: sip a glass of wine and make this rich, saucy beef stew. Comfort food at it's best! Paleo and gluten free.
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast, Cut into 1½ square-inch pieces
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Onion, Pearl or cippolini
- 750 ml 750 ml 750 ml Red wine, Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 sprig 2 sprig 2 sprig Thyme, fresh
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 5 oz 5 oz 5 oz Pork Belly
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Carrots, peeled
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Beef stock
- 4 sprig 4 sprig 4 sprig Parsley, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- On the stove top, heat 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil in a large cast iron casserole over medium high heat. Add the meat to the casserole and season with the salt and pepper. Brown the beef on all sides, about 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and onion to the beef and cook until the onion is translucent, another 3 minutes.
- Add the Cabernet Sauvignon, thyme, and bay leaves and bring to a boil, scraping up an brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Remove the casserole from the heat, cover it and transfer it to the oven. Cook the beef until it is fork tender, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- About 20 minutes before the beef finishes cooking: In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 Tablespoon over medium high heat. Add the pork belly, mushrooms and sautee for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, pearl onions, carrots and beef stock and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until the broth evaporates, 10-15 minutes. Uncover, return to high heat and cook until the vegetables are browned, about 5 more minutes.
- Combine the vegetables with the beef stew and serve garnished with thyme and parsley.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Meat Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.