Butterflied Roast Chicken
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Duck Fat, melted
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Thyme, fresh, minced
- 1 1 1 Chicken, Whole, butterflied
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse chicken under cool water and pat dry.
- Place chicken on a cutting board breast side down, and remove the back bone with kitchen scissors or a sharp knife.
- Freeze back bone for future stock if desired.
- Turn chicken over and press down on chicken until you hear bones crack slightly so that the chicken lays flat.
- Melt 2 tablespoons duck fat and stir in minced garlic and thyme.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Carefully lift the skin of the chicken to create a space to stuff the duck fat and herbs.
- Rub duck fat mixture all over the chicken under the skin being sure tocover as much of the breasts and legs as possible.
- Flip chicken over and rub duck fat over the bone side, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Flipping the chicken back over, rub the breast side entirely with duck fat, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet, breast side up, and bake at 500 for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn heat down to 450 and bake for a remaining 20-30 minutes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week