Buttered Squash Ribbons
Squash ribbons make for an excellent substitution for pasta noodles, but we also enjoy them simply as a side dish. Toss in Italian herbs and melted butter, and pair with fish or chicken.
- 2 2 2 Yellow Squash
- 2 2 2 Zucchini
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp fresh Oregano, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp fresh Basil, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice the squash and zucchini into ribbons. Stop when you reach the seeds, and discard the core.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the squash ribbons and sauté, tossing to evenly coat with butter.
- Sprinkle the squash with the salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Continue to sauté until the squash is tender.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week