This breakfast casserole has an extra creamy texture, made possible by the addition of coconut milk to the mixture. We enjoy the combination of mushrooms and broccoli, but feel free to personalize the recipe with your favorite vegetables.
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Broccoli, florets. (Could use up to 2 lbs)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, grass-fed butter, or duck fat
- 1 1 1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 16 oz 16 oz 16 oz White Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 4 4 4 Egg, room temperature
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk, full-fat, room temperature
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the broccoli in a large soup pot until fork tender.
- While the broccoli is boiling, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion to the skillet, and sauté until translucent.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms to the skillet, season with thyme, salt and pepper, and continue to sauté until tender.
- While the onion and mushrooms are cooking, drain the water from the broccoli. Allow the broccoli to cool to the touch, and chop any larger pieces into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the boiled broccoli to the onion and mushrooms, and gently stir until combined.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with your choice of cooking fat.
- Pour the broccoli and mushroom mixture into the well-greased baking dish in an even layer.
- n a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and coconut milk.
- Carefully pour the eggs and coconut milk over the vegetables, being sure to coat all evenly.
- Season once more with salt and pepper, and place in the oven to bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week