Braised Turmeric Chicken With Apricots And Olives
An easy chicken dinner!
- 0.625 cup 0.625 cup 0.625 cup Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemon zest
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Pepper
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Ginger, ground
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Coriander, ground
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Chicken Thigh, boneless skinless
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Chicken Stock, free range, organic
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Vidalia Onion
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Kalamata Olives, pitted
- 10 whole 10 whole 10 whole Apricots, dried
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Parsley, Flat Leaf, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a zip top bag, combine 1/4 of the olive oil, plus the lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, turmeric, salt, pepper, ginger and coriander. Firmly close the top and shake to combine (or you can whisk everything together in a large bowl). Add the chicken to the bag, close the top and shake and massage to make sure the chicken is coated with marinade. Place bag in the fridge for 2 hours or, ideally, overnight to allow the chicken to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil in a dutch oven or other heavy-bottomed oven-safe pot.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade (do not throw away what is left of the marinade) and fry it in the preheated oil just enough to brown each side, but do not cook through. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Turn off the heat and deglaze the pan with the chicken stock.
- Return the chicken to the pan, along with the reserved marinade, and arrange the onions, olives and apricots among the chicken.
- Transfer the entire pot into the preheated oven and bake for 20-40 minutes until the juices run clear. Baking time will vary based on the cut, size and thickness of your chicken.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro or flatleaf parsley, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You can use chicken breasts instead if you prefer, but these dry out more easily, so watch them carefully to make sure they don't overcook.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nightshade Free Nut Free Poultry Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.