Braised Short Ribs
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Bacon, crumbled, reserve grease
- 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp Bacon Grease
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Beef Broth
- 8 cloves 8 cloves 8 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 2 3/4 lb 2 3/4 lb 2 3/4 lb Beef Short Ribs
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet on medium heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside.
- Turn heat up to medium high and sear short ribs on either side in the hot skillet, about 1-2 minutes a side.
- Just enough to get a good brown on them.
- Sear two ribs at a time, adding more bacon grease as needed.
- Place the first four ribs in the bottom of the crock pot, season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and chipotle.
- Top with 4 garlic cloves, and repeat with the remaining short ribs.
- Top all the ribs with the crumbled bacon, and pour in the beef stock.
- Cover and cook in crock pot on high for 5-6 hours.
- The meat will be done when it is tender and falls off the bone.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Meat Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Made these the other night and they were amazing. House smelled great and dinner was very quiet except for the nom nom sounds. The only issue I have is that ribs aren’t cheap from US Wellness and I don’t have any more of them to make it again.
How much chipotly?
Totally delicious and awesome that it’s a make-ahead meal! Great flavors!
I also see (as lalamompaleo mentioned) that the measurements amount for chipotle as not been transcribed from the old website!
It’s 1 teaspoon on The Food Lovers Primal Palate
This is one of my favorite recipes and I had never even made it with bacon! We’ve got a batch in the slow cooker as I type with bacon and all – I’ll come back and let you know how delicious it is. We’re following it up with the carrot cake b/c my husband just got back from being gone for 2 months and we’re celebrating!
Made this super simple recipe tonight for dinner in the pressure cooker…AMAZING!! Served them on a bed of sauteed garlic baby kale and roasted sweet potato fries. Thanks for the recipe.
I make these all the time. I’ve only had these short ribs- no others- so I can’t compare them to any other recipe, but I love this one so much that I know any other recipe will not taste as good! the flavors are perfect and have just a little kick, not too spicy at all. I look forward to them every time I make them. they are my favorite meal!
the original recipe does have chipotle powder in it- I just use a big spoonful because I tend to use more than 2 3/4 lbs of short ribs. usually 4 lbs.
SO AWESOME! easy to make and 100 times better to eat!
Yay! Love it!
I made these yesterday (without the chipotle) ~ it was soooooo good! My picky husband had seconds.
Love your blog and your recipes! I plan on buying the book! Thank you!!!
These were sensational! I didn’t have chipoltle so I just used regular paprika and they were still amazing. Yum!
This recipe is absolutely fabulous! I have prepared it several times and it is consistently good and has become a family favorite.