Braised Beef Brisket
Braised Beef Brisket.. Bet you can't say that 3 times in a row! 😉 It's a bit of a tongue twister, but a deliciously savory one at that! Try this out at your next tailgate! I guarantee it's a hit!
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Beef Brisket, First cut
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 6 cloves 6 cloves 6 cloves Garlic, Smashed
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, Quartered
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Carrots, Peeled and chopped
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Celery, Chopped
- 6 fl oz 6 fl oz 6 fl oz White Mushrooms, Sliced
- 3 sprigs 3 sprigs 3 sprigs Rosemary, fresh
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Sage
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Parsley, Flat Leaf
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Bay Leaf
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Ancho Chilies, Dried
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Peppercorns, black and white
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Apple Juice, unsweetened
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Chicken Stock, free range, organic
- 16 fl oz 16 fl oz 16 fl oz Red wine, Cabernet Sauvignon
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove the brisket from the refrigerator and allow it to rest for one hour or until it's room temperature.
- Rinse the brisket and pat it dry.
- Sprinkle it generously with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven or braising pot, over medium heat.
- Sear the brisket in the oil. About 4 minutes.
- Carefully flip and sear on the reverse side for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the brisket and set aside on a plate.
- Add the garlic, onions, carrots, celery, and mushrooms, to the pot.
- Add the rosemary, sage, bay leaves, dried chili's, parsley and peppercorns to the pot as well.
- Saute until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the apple juice, chicken stock, and red wine.
- Stir to combine, making sure to scrape up any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Place the brisket in the pot, making space between the vegetables.
- Cover the pot and place it in the oven for 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for at least 15 minutes before transferring to a cutting board.
- Slice against the grain or pull apart using two forks and place on a grain-free bun.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Meat Nut Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.