- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Bacon, two strips, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Onion, finely diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Celery, finely diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Carrots, finely diced
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Chicken Livers, ground or minced
- 1 1/2 lb 1 1/2 lb 1 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Red wine, Cabernet Sauvignon
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 29 oz 29 oz 29 oz Diced Tomatoes, two cans
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Oregano, fresh, chopped
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Heavy Whipping Cream, Organic, Use coconut milk for dairy free alternative
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat, and add the chopped bacon to the pot.
- Saute the bacon until the fat renders and the bacon starts to brown.
- Add the diced onion, and continue to saute for 1 minute.
- Add the celery and onion, and continue to saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the minced livers to the pot, followed by the ground beef and saute until brown.
- Pour the red wine over the meat and veggie mixture, and stir to combine.
- Add the tomato paste, and diced tomatoes, and continue to stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Season with salt, pepper, fresh basil, and fresh oregano, and then add the heavy cream to the pot.
- Bring sauce to boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Serve with Cappello's grain free pasta or squash noodles.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week