A fresh blueberry tart is a delicious way to enjoy all the flavors of pie, with a little less effort in the kitchen.
- 1 1 1 Nut-Free Pie/Tart Crust
- 5 cups 5 cups 5 cups Blueberries, fresh
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Maple Sugar
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Arrowroot Flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Water, cold, filtered
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, the juice of half a lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp 1 1/2 tsp 1 1/2 tsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Prepare the crust using a 9-inch pie pan or tart pan.
- Rinse the blueberries and set aside to dry.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, whisk together the maple sugar, arrowroot starch, and cold water.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk to combine.
- Warm the mixture over medium heat, whisking continuously for 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups of the blueberries and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture starts to bubble and the blueberries start to pop, 3-5 minutes.
- Continue to cook, stirring often, until the texture starts to resemble that of blueberry jam and the liquid has thickened and started to gel slightly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining 2 cups of blueberries and the ghee.
- Pour the blueberry filling into the prebaked crust and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week