A fresh blueberry tart is a delicious way to enjoy all the flavors of pie, with a little less effort in the kitchen.
- 1 1 1 Nut-free Pie & Tart Crust (click for recipe)
- 5 cups 5 cups 5 cups Blueberries, fresh
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Maple Sugar
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Arrowroot Flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Water, cold, filtered
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, the juice of half a lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp 1 1/2 tsp 1 1/2 tsp Ghee
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Prepare the crust using a 9-inch pie pan or tart pan.
- Rinse the blueberries and set aside to dry.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, whisk together the maple sugar, arrowroot starch, and cold water.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk to combine.
- Warm the mixture over medium heat, whisking continuously for 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups of the blueberries and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture starts to bubble and the blueberries start to pop, 3-5 minutes.
- Continue to cook, stirring often, until the texture starts to resemble that of blueberry jam and the liquid has thickened and started to gel slightly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining 2 cups of blueberries and the ghee.
- Pour the blueberry filling into the prebaked crust and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week