Who says you need toast to have a BLT? I grew up on BLT sandwiches that had peanut butter and mayo. There simply is no other way to eat these-until now. The almond butter dressing mimics the toast without the gluten or all things that go into traditional toast.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Dressing: 1.5 tablespoons almond butter, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1-2 TBS extra light olive oil, ½ tsp coconut aminos.
- Combine and whisk all ingredients in a small bowl
- * This dressing makes topping for 2 smaller side salads or one larger table salad
- *You may need to use more extra light olive oil to thin out the almond butter
- Drizzle over salad
- Build your salad:
- Chopped lettuce of your choice, I like butter head, romaine, or a greens mix
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- Nitrate free bacon cut in to pieces and cooked till crispy, aka lardons
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week