Beet, Basil & Goat Cheese Salad
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Beets, quartered
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch fresh Basil, remove leaves from stems
- Goat Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Peel beets. Cut off tops and bottoms so that the top and bottom of the beets are flat. Quarter beet into 1/2 inch pieces. See pictures for reference.
- Bring pot of water and a pinch of salt to boil. Once water is boiling, add beets and turn burner to medium. Simmer beats for 10+ minutes until you can easily pierce them with a knife. Be cautious not to over cook. Once they have cooked, strain and run cold water over beets for about five minutes until cool.
- Once beets have cooled down, dry well with a clean dish towel, and then toss with 1 TBSP mild tasting EVOO, salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, garnish with freshly chopped basil and crumbled goat cheese.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week