- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Flank Steak, as lean as possible
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Partially freeze meat for 2-4 hours, until mostly solid.
- Slice meat into 1/10th inch thickness strips.
- Mix the coconut aminos with minced garlic in a bowl.
- Toss sliced beef with the coconut aminos and minced garlic.
- Marinate jerky from 2-24 hours in refrigerator.
- If using alternate spices, evenly coat beef with spices and allow to ‘rest’ in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 170 degrees.
- If using an oven in place of a dehydrator, set up racks over cookie sheets lined with aluminum foil (for easier cleanup).
- Lay strips of beef out on racks, add salt and pepper if desired, and place racks in oven.
- Cook at 170 for 3-4 hours.
- Thinly sliced meat will take less time, thicker meat will take longer. Closely monitor meat to ensure it doesn’t dry out too much.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAppetizers Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I recently gave this a try after reviewing a few of the major online paleo brands, and it’s pretty damn solid. The only thing I could suggest would be to add more garlic, as it’s delicious. 🙂
Any tips on slicing the meat really thin???
Love you guys!
How long can you keep jerky for? I would like to make some but don’t know if I could even do a pound for just myself! Thanks!
Thanks for posting. In most cases it will last a few months, but it always depends on the methods used for making the jerky and even more so on storage. Airtight storage will prolong the life of the jerky.
Do you think the butcher can just slice the steak that thin? (to save a step)
Asrusso: Most butchers are happy to slice meat thinner or to make customer cuts. Just ask.
An easy way to cut super thin is to just put the meat into the freezer for 30 or 40 mins. It will make the meat very firm but it won’t be frozen which allows you to cut and not worry about it moving to much.